The Assistant Director is responsible to the Director ECM. The Assistant Director has direct responsibilities of planning and implementing and serves as coordinator for the site-based child care programs. This position oversees the child care centers and its job components include: overseeing enrollment, supervising and scheduling personnel, operating the child care programs consistently with agency policies and procedures, budget compliance, assuring client safety and rights, developing curriculum for the child care center as well as completing all required monthly reports/data collection. Assistant Director may be subject to call outside normal working hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or related field;
- A minimum of 1 year full time work experience in working with young children;
- Strong written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills; and the ability to lead group meetings, and supervise and direct the work of others;
- Should have the personality and skills to relate warmly and effectively with young children, and to relate effectively with staff, patrons, volunteers, and the community;
- Meet health and physical requirements, including a tuberculosis skin test and drug screening prior to employment;
- Be in general good health that allows for regular job attendance;
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and auto insurance;
- Upon acceptance of employment, employee must complete: training in detection, reporting, and prevention of child abuse, CPR and First Aid;
- The position includes risk of exposure to communicable diseases; therefore, the candidate must be familiar with and practice universal health precautions;
- This job may require lifting of objects that exceed 50 lbs. with frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.;
- Other physical demands that may be required are as follows:
- pushing, pulling, running, walking, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, talking, hearing and seeing.
- Must subscribe to the agency’s mission statement and organizational values;
Holston Home for Children offers a robust benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
Please send your resume to Careers@HolstonHome.org