The Associate Infant Teacher is responsible for preparing and carrying out weekly plans for the education and care of the children. This position is for the infant room.
- The candidate must have a high school diploma or GED, two years of full-time work experience with young children, and formal college training in early childhood education or related field; or a CDA credential.
- Prior work experience in child care or teaching is preferred;
- Minimum age is 21.
- Personality traits that relate warmly and effectively with young children, co-workers, parents, volunteers, and community members.
- Meets health and physical requirements, including a tuberculosis skin test and drug screening prior to employment.
- Upon acceptance of employment, the employee must complete the following training: detection, reporting, and prevention of child abuse; CPR and First Aid; and a minimum of 18 hours of in-service training annually.
- The candidate must hold a valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
- The position includes risk of exposure to communicable diseases; therefore, the candidate must be familiar with and practice universal health precautions.
- This job may require lifting of objects that exceed 50 lbs. with frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Other physical demands that may be required are as follows: pushing, pulling, running, walking, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, talking, hearing, and seeing.
- Must subscribe to the agency’s Mission Statement and Organizational Values.
- Must demonstrate an awareness of and sensitivity to the various cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of the clients.
Holston Home for Children offers a robust benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send your resume to Careers@HolstonHome.org