This position provides an opportunity to support, mentor, and educate adolescents in a community-based school. It is an opportunity to gain experience in a fulfilling ministry and impact the lives of students in need.
You will have the opportunity to engage with youth in worship, education, work, and recreation in a Christian environment. River Academy excels in experiential education. As a part of this team, education happens inside and outside of the classroom.
- Hold a BS or BA degree and a valid Teaching License.
- Assure the operation of the education program follows the Tennessee Department of Education Guidelines.
- Physical health and capacity to have regular job attendance, to teach actively, to be involved in physical activities with children, and (when necessary) physically manage aggressive or self-injurious behavior.
- Ensure Special Education, DCS, and 504 plan documents comply per DOE and DCS standards.
- Encourage and facilitate on-going involvement of parents and contracted agencies.
- Strong written, verbal, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
From $40,000.00 per year.
Holston Home for Children offers a robust benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send your resume to Careers@HolstonHome.org