The Director is responsible to the Administrator of Residential Services for direction and supervision of the River Academy program. These responsibilities include program development and coordination; Quality Improvement functions; training, supervising, and scheduling of personnel; operation of the program consistent with agency policies and procedures; budgetary oversight; the physical operation of the center; assurance of client safety and client rights; and curriculum development.
• The director must have an understanding of special education requirements (The candidate must hold a valid driver’s license.)
• The director must possess good written and oral communication skills, the ability to lead group meetings, and good telephone skills.
• The position includes risk of exposure to communicable diseases; therefore, the director must be familiar with/and practice universal health precautions.
• Must complete and annually update agency training requirements.
• Must subscribe to agency Mission Statement and Organizational Values.
• Must demonstrate and awareness of and sensitivity to the various cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of the students and staff members.
• Must be able to actively assist in physical management of clients exhibiting self-injurious or aggressive behavior.
Holston Home for Children offers a robust benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send your resume to Careers@HolstonHome.org