The Family Services Director is responsible to the Administrator of Family Services for direction of all Foster Care cases and In-Home service delivery within the Family Service District. These responsibilities include program development and coordination; training, supervising, and scheduling of personnel; operation of the program consistent with agency policies and procedures; budgetary oversight; the physical operation of the area offices; assurance of client safety and client rights; and direction of treatment planning and casework services to clients. The Family Services Director also assists the Administrator with special projects and provides administrative support in the absence of the Administrator.
- The Family Services Director must hold a minimum of a Master’s Degree in social work or related field with a minimum of three years of experience in foster care and/or adoption services.
- The Family Services Director must also have a minimum of two years of experience in supervision or administration of social services.
- Desired qualification would include post-graduate continuing education in social services and licensure in social work or counseling.
- The candidate must hold a valid driver’s license, and be able to provide proof of insurance with adequate liability coverage on a private vehicle.
- The director must possess good written, oral and telephone skills, and the ability to lead group meetings.
- The director must subscribe to the agency’s Mission Statement and Organizational Values.
- The director must demonstrate an awareness of and sensitivity to the various cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of the clients and staff members.
- Must successfully complete agency required training and update annually.
- Must possess the ability to interact with other child welfare professionals, peers, and families with confidence, competence and tact.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Program Direction and Development: Working in coordination with the Administrator and other Family Services Directors:
- Direct and maintain the program of foster care, to include foster family care, services to birth parents, recruitment and retention of foster homes and, outpatient and referral counseling;
- Direct casework toward the timely attainment of a permanent placement for the youth.
- Assure proper casework services and case documentation as required by agency and licensing standards;
- Assure appropriate intake procedures, admission, discharge and follow-up services to clients;
- Assure coordinated intake with other agency services and monitor utilization goals within area;
- With the Administrator of Family Services, establish goals and communicate them to foster care staff.
- Facilitate team building and group decision making activities.
Holston Home for Children offers a robust benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send your resume to Careers@HolstonHome.org