What we are looking for?
Are you wanting to make an impact in a child’s life? Are you dedicated and willing to go above and beyond for our children here at Holston Home and their families?
The social worker is responsible to the program director for carrying out the functions of family assessment, family support, and therapeutic intervention to enable children to have permanence in the most family like setting as quickly as possible. The social worker, in conjunction with the family and DCS, develops, monitors, and assures the implementation of an individualized service plan. The social worker provides counseling and case management services to youth in foster care, to birth parents and foster parents as well as to youth that have been reunified with their families.
- The social worker must meet clients and families in their homes with flexible appointment times based on families’ needs, including evenings and weekends.
- The social worker must create a positive working relationship with the families by acting as a guest in their home as well as showing genuineness through body language and other gestures.
- The social worker must be competent in the delivery of the services of assigned program (foster care, residential, etc.) and willing to use a range of interventions & modality.
- The social worker must be committed to the team approach among biological family members, resource families, other helping professionals and other family support persons.
- Master’s degree required, must be licensure eligible, commitment to empowerment of families, competency in case management and therapeutic services.
Holston Home for Children offers a robust benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
Please send your resume to KylieShaw@HolstonHome.org