The Substitute Teacher reports to the Program Director. The Substitute Teacher will be called upon to work when a regular childcare teacher/associate teacher/teacher assistant takes a vacation or has a sick day.
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma or GED and be at least 18 years of age.
- Additional training in early childhood education is preferred.
- Personality traits that relate warmly and effectively with young children, co-workers, parents, volunteers, and community members.
- Meets health and physical requirements, including a tuberculosis skin test and drug screening prior to employment.
- Upon acceptance of substitute employment, the substitute must complete the on-the-job training checklist.
- The candidate must hold a valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
- The position includes risk of exposure to communicable diseases; therefore, the candidate must be familiar with and practice universal health precautions.
- This job may require lifting of objects that exceed 50 lbs. with frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Other physical demands that may be required are as follows: pushing, pulling, running, walking, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, talking, hearing, and seeing.
- Must subscribe to the agency’s Mission Statement and Organizational Values.
- Must demonstrate an awareness of and sensitivity to the various cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of the clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send your resume to Careers@HolstonHome.org