The Teacher Assistant reports to the Program Director or Program Supervisor. The Teacher Assistant assists the childcare teacher in carrying out all aspects of the child care program.
- The assistant at Children’s Center requires a minimum of a high school education, experience with young children is preferred.
- Personality traits that relate warmly and effectively with young children, co-workers, parents, volunteers, and community members.
- Meets health and physical requirements, including a tuberculosis skin test and drug screening prior to employment.
- Upon acceptance of employment, the employee must complete the following training: detection, reporting, and prevention of child abuse; CPR and First Aid; and a minimum of 18 hours of in-service training annually.
- The candidate must hold a valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
- The position includes risk of exposure to communicable diseases; therefore, the candidate must be familiar with and practice universal health precautions.
- This job may require lifting of objects that exceed 50 lbs. with frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Other physical demands that may be required are as follows: pushing, pulling, running, walking, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, talking, hearing, and seeing.
- Must subscribe to the agency’s Mission Statement and Organizational Values.
- Must demonstrate an awareness of and sensitivity to the various cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of the clients.
Holston Home for Children offers a robust benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send your resume to Careers@HolstonHome.org