The function of the Transportation Assistant is to provide transportation of clients to and from appointments, assist in meeting medication needs for residential youth and to supervise clients as needed. The Transportation Assistant also provides office support and performs related clerical tasks regarding medical appointments and medication needs.
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum age requirement is 21.
• Experience working with children and/or adolescents is required.
• Must have the physical health and capacity to demonstrate regular job attendance and, when necessary, to physically manage client’s aggressive or self-injurious behavior.
• Must be willing to adjust to flexible hours with duties on evenings, night, and weekend hours.
• Must be able to drive a car/van and possess Class D Tennessee operator’s license. Experience driving a van is preferred.
• Must successfully complete TCI training and update bi-annually.
• Must successfully complete CPR and First Aid training and update annually.
• Must successfully complete Medication Certification and update bi-annually.
• Must be able to manage multiple responsibilities.
• Must subscribe to the Agency’s Mission Statement and Organizational Values.
• Must demonstrate an awareness of and sensitivity to the various cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of the clients.
Holston Home for Children offers a robust benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send your resume to Careers@HolstonHome.org