Child & Family Specialist is responsible to the program director for carrying out the functions of family assessment, family support, and intervention to enable children to have permanence in the most family like setting as quickly as possible. The Child & Family Specialist, in conjunction with the family and DCS, develops, monitors, and assures the implementation of the individualized service plan and plan of care.
Must possess a bachelor’s degree in social work or a related social service field. A Master of Science degree in social work or related social service field is preferred. Licensure or ability to pursue licensure is also preferred.
• Experience working with families and their children in custody or at risk of being in custody is preferred.
• Must be committed to empowerment of families and be willing to work in a high demand work situation which requires flexibility and innovativeness.
• Must be knowledgeable of Holston Home’s Family model and demonstrate competency in applying this knowledge to working and joining with families to encourage the swiftest path to permanence for children.
• Must demonstrate cultural competence by being aware and sensitive to the family’s ethnic, cultural, spiritual, and community norms.
• Must meet clients and families in their homes with flexible appointment times based on families’ needs, including evenings and weekends.
Holston Home for Children offers a robust benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
Please send your resume to Careers@HolstonHome.org